Another New Year, another fresh start: full of resolutions, new ideas, goals and dreams. I don't typically start the year off with a long list of to-do's and goals, but this year is different! I've got a ton of great things coming up including: a collaboration, a big trip to Italy, a new course and hopefully more travel! I am also going to start more organization and styling projects, but more on that later.
One of my biggest goals of all this year is to adhere to a strict budget. I received some great advice from Marianna of Castellammare Designs and it's going to be tough to stick to!
- At the beginning of each season allow yourself to buy six or seven quality "staple" pieces that you can mix and match into your wardrobe and that will last for the season.
- And that's it! I will have to wait until the next season before buying any more pieces...
- JUST IN CASE - I was thinking: if I find myself needing pieces or wanting to do a bit of shopping, then create a small emergency budget to spend on small things throughout the season.
- I will also be back on a strict cash budget, just like Gail on "Princess" recommends. Take out cash at the beginning of each week and once you run out, you have to wait until the next week.
- Do you think it's doable?
- What are your New Year's Resolutions? I highly recommend you sit down and think about your goals for the year, it's a really positive way to start out the year!
- If you are a blogger - READ THIS on IFB "Get Ready for a New Year of Opportunity"
Another thing I will be starting! Thanks Anne!
Every time something good/memorable happens during the year,
write it on a piece of paper and place it in the jar. At the end of 2013
take out all of the papers and see what you remember.
A great way to ensure you take time to stop and appreciate the little
and POSITIVE things :)
More great New Year's Fireworks Photos:
New Year's at Nathan Philips Square